Monday, September 15, 2014

Then it was finally time for something I wanted to do for so very long. Lion King on Broadway! Expe


It will eventually post about the girls' soagora visit to the States. On Friday rolled a taxi in to our drive way and in the put my goa värmland girls! It was obviously a big kramkalas! Absolutely wonderful to see them again after so long! I worked not so much so we had time for a little guided tour, lunch at Panera soagora and in the evening we ate dinner at Lucky's. soagora Really, it was American, burger with fries and milkshakes soagora (!). Plenty! After that we took the train into the city and I sponging me into their hotel room.
Saturday soagora morning we went to 230 Fifth. A rooftop which serves brunch on the weekends. The view was absolutely stunning! soagora Low almost exactly at great Empire. The food, we do not even talk about. Were measured throughout the day after this, I can just say. Yummy in my tummy!
Then I went home to work. It was time for D and C's "going away party". It was pretty flashy too. They both had employed a catering company and waiters to make the evening perfect! The next morning I went to the city again and met up with the girls. We walked past the LOVE sign that I barely knew existed in New York. It stood there for a little random on a street corner haha! Not like the one in Philly that stands in a park with a fountain and stuff. But nice anyway of course!
We went on to Central Park, where the plan was to rent bicycles. But it turned out to be the worst tourist trap and it was attacked by like five different guys who all wanted to rent their bikes. Eventually we made our way from there anyways. So, there were no bikes. Instead it was an old classic, Whole Foods lunch in the park.
Then it was finally time for something I wanted to do for so very long. Lion King on Broadway! Expectations were high after all I've talked to who has seen it has raised it to the skies. It can be tough to live up to that. But. I was not disappointed. It was totally, totally awesome. Above all, I loved the costumes. They were so damn good and made lifelike. The music is also a favorite of course. The jokes in the movie was just as funny as before! What more can I say? I loved it!
On Sunday we were up early and hung on the doors of Bloomingdales on 3rd Avenue for both me and Laura were hungry for a watch. For my part, it was a Marc Jacobs soagora that I have longed for a long time now. The girls got a 15% discount to its New York-passports and they were nice and gave one to me! Sooo happy!
Then we went on. Loooong. All the way through Brooklyn soagora down to Coney Island, I wanted to visit for so long! It was really nice! There was a lovely beach with a boardwalk and even an amusement park. Furthermore, it was perfect weather for hanging on the beach, not too hot and not too cold. Virtually! However, we had unfortunately just time to be there a few hours before it was time to move on.
The idea was that we would wander around a little in Williamsburg (which I heard so much good about). But we must have come to the right angle, for we stepped right into a few blocks that apparently belonged to Jews. So there were only Jews there. With their long coats, hats and curls of hair around the face, they differed little from us. Or rather, we differed from them. It was atleast a real culture soagora shock. Everything was in addition to Hebrew everywhere. Not quite what we had imagined. We were probably not as appreciated there either haha! So we turned around and took the subway back to Brooklyn Bridge. We bought ice creams and milkshakes at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory and sat down at Brooklyn Bridge park to see the sunset. How beautiful it was! There is something special about the New York City skyline.
Then it was time for me to say goodbye to the girls and go back to Cinnecticut. Luckily it's not long left now before we meet back in Sweden! But it was not just the girls I had to say goodbye to, but also New York. It was with a lump in my stomach as I turned my back on the skyline. I will probably not return to the city that never sleeps in a long time. But New York will always be a big part of me and always will be as

No comments:

Post a Comment